Dragon Legal NZ V14 versus Dragon Legal NZ V14 Group
So what are the differences?
Dragon Legal NZ V14 is geared towards the single lawyer or the smaller law firm with less than five dictating authors.
Dragon Legal NZ V14 Group, on the other hand, where there are several users of speech recognition, is the product of choice. It provides some excellent behind-the-scenes administration of user profiles and their component pieces via a separate Nuance Management Centre (NMC) module. The NMC module allows IT to centrally administer/manage/maintain (modify, repair, upgrade, remove) the Dragon software licences and track employee usage, redistribute licenses based on employee use and manage or share customisations, including custom words, commands and auto-texts, across multiple Dragon users.
How is Dragon Legal NZ V14 Different from Legal NZ V13?
Following are some details that you should know.
Support for Windows 10 and Office 2016:
Dragon Legal NZ V14 is fully supported in this environment…not available in Dragon Legal NZ V13.
Support for Citrix virtualised environments.
An improved “What can I say?” feature, which provides helpful context-sensitive suggestions for words and commands to use as a person is dictating.
Customisation capabilities that further improve accuracy of dictation and transcription and speed up repetitive tasks, including adding and sharing additional custom words and auto-texts (a frequently-used text passage such as a client or work order description).
Improved transcription capabilities for tasks like transcribing recorded notes, which can reduce transcription time and costs or eliminate transcription services completely.
Transcription options: Dragon Professional Individual is now capable of transcribing an individual speaker’s recording without traditional Dragon training. However, as always, quality of audio will impact accuracy, and there will be little to no punctuation (or paragraphs) unless they are dictated.
Even easier to use: Nuance has revamped the help files.
Dragon Legal NZ V14 will no longer include a basic headset. SBS provides superior microphones (wired and wireless) according to the user’s needs.
Pro Legal NZ V14 (1 to 4 users) $995
Pro Legal NZ V14 Group V14 (5 or more users) $872
Nuance Management Centre (NMC) (5 or more users) $55 per annum per Dragon user
Prices ex GST
Should You Upgrade to Dragon Legal NZ V14?
Current Dragon Legal NZ V13 Users
If you hold a license for Dragon Legal NZ V13, and you want increased accuracy plus you wish to run in a Win 10/Office 365/Win 2016 environment or in a Citrix virtual environment, then you should definitely upgrade to Dragon Legal NZ V14.
If you are a multi user NZ law firm with five or more Dragon Legal NZ V13 licences and you wish to centrally administer/manage/maintain (modify, repair, upgrade, remove) the Dragon software licences, track employee usage, redistribute licenses based on employee use and manage or share customisations, including custom words, commands and auto-texts, across multiple Dragon users, then you should definitely upgrade to Dragon Legal NZ V14 Group with the accompanying Nuance Management Centre Module (NMC).
Increase Your Productivity
With Dragon® for Mac® Medical version 5, it’s now easier to capture your patient’s story—with richer detail and greater accuracy—in EMR or other applications.
Dragon for Mac Medical version 5 is now available for OS X El Capitan (10.11).
Version 5 now has support for Word 2016.
Built with a specialised medical vocabulary covering more than 90 medical specialties, Dragon for Mac Medical provides a more efficient way to accurately dictate medical record notes directly into EMR or other applications—all by voice.
Spend More Time with Patients
With the ability to dictate up to 3x faster than typing with up to 99% accuracy, capture detailed, high-quality medical record notes faster than ever before.
Speak Your Patient’s Story
Designed with a specialised medical language model and built-in medical vocabulary covering more than 90 specialties and subspecialties, you can count on outstanding dictation accuracy from the first use.
Speak Freely and with Flexibility
No matter which device you use—a wireless mic in your office, your Mac’s built-in mic or a digital voice recorder—capture rich, detailed clinical narrative using whichever audio source best suits your needs.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or faster processor – Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended. RAM: 4GB, 8GB+ recommended. OPERATING SYSTEM: OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Yosemite (10.10), or OS X El Capitan (10.11).
OS X compatibility for recent Dragon Mac products, please see below.
|OS X 10.7||OS X 10.8||OS X 10.9||OS X 10.10||OS X 10.11|
|Dragon for Mac 5||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dragon for Mac Medical 5||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dragon Dictate 4||No||Yes||Yes||Requires 4.0.6||No|
|Dragon Dictate Medical 4||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Dragon Dictate 3||Yes||Requires 3.0.2||Requires 3.0.4||No||No|
|Dragon Dictate Medical 3||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Installations & License
Dragon for Mac medical may be installed on 1 computer, with an additional computer as a backup. Additional computer installations require additional license purchases. This differs from Dragon Medical Practice Edition which permits installation on 4 computers.
Similar to Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2 (for PC), Dragon for Mac Medical provides an Express Editor (similar to the PC version’s Dictation Box), enabling the user to dictate with full text control. Most Mac applications and environments do not allow editing or correcting by voice, therefore the Express Editor is vital for dictating into EMRs. Once dictation and proofreading is complete within the Express Editor, transfer the final text into the EMR — all by voice.
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac supports the following regional accents of non-native English speakers:
For UK Spelling there are 4 accent choices:
- Southeast Asian
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac’s vocabulary editor provides the ability to set alternate written forms (similar to the PC version of Dragon Medical).
Is Dragon for Mac Medical the same as Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 3 (for PC)?
Dragon Medical for Mac is a different product from Dragon medical Practice Edition 3
Dragon for Mac Medical is based on the same speech recognition engine as Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 3 (for PC), and offers the same base 90 medical vocabularies, therefore providing excellent recognition accuracy for medical dictation.
However, Dragon for Mac Medical’s ease of use and flexibility (i.e. vocabulary editor, application compatibility, features etc.) is not the same as Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 3 (for PC) — although is vastly improved from previous Mac speech recognition products.
- The correction process in the Mac edition involves additional steps over the PC edition.
- There is no capability for roaming user profiles (i.e. synchronising a user profile across multiple networked computers) in the Mac edition. If you use multiple Macs (i.e. several exam rooms), you will need to export your user profile and then import to the other Macs and there is where they will separate.
- The Mac edition does not permit multiple vocabularies within one user profile. A user profile must be created for each vocabulary required (i.e. general medical, non-medical, plus a specialty).
- The Mac product can only be installed on 2 computers.
Bottom line: If deciding between Mac or PC variants, choose the PC variant of Dragon Medical. However, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac will be quite helpful for physicians already using a Mac in their practice. Dictating is, after all, faster than typing, and the accuracy is fantastic.
Dragon® Professional Individual 14 drives individual productivity at work by enabling fast, accurate dictation and transcription with the right level of customization to speed and simplify document creation. Add custom words such as specific industry terminology, insert frequently-used custom text or shortcut repetitive tasks by voice to work faster and smarter—whether you’re creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations, sending emails, filling out forms or simply looking to reduce the physical stress of typing.
For professional-grade continuous dictation on the go, automatically sync your desktop dictations and word/command customizations with your Dragon Anywhere-enabled mobile device to be productive by voice in the office or on the road.
- A fast, accurate, and personalized speech recognition experience.
- Think out loud to create, format and edit by voice quickly and efficiently.
- Import/export custom word lists to share unique vocabulary among peers.
- Create custom voice commands to insert frequently-used text and graphics.
- Synchronize dictation and customizations with the Dragon Anywhere app for mobile productivity.
- Dictate text within popular desktop and web applications.
- Capture thoughts on the go for later automatic transcription.
- Command and control your computer by voice in ergonomic, hands-free comfort.
- Simplify proofreading with text-to speech or dictation playback.
- Reduce physical stress from typing or meet accessibility needs.
$460 per license
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 3 launched
Sound Business Systems is please to announce that Nuance Healthcare has launched Dragon Medical Practice edition 3 (DMPE3). The product is available for pre-ordering from 17th August 2015.
A Leading Solution for Practicing Clinicians
The Dragon Medical solutions family is the leading speech recognition solution in healthcare today. By using Dragon Medical Practice Edition 3, doctors can efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record. Dragon Medical technology has been chosen by more than 350,000 physicians worldwide to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely used speech recognition solution for physicians. Clinicians can use speech commands to navigate and dictate clinical notes in most commercially available EHRs in a Windows environment.
In New Zealand we have over 300 phsycians, specialists, doctors and allied health professionals using DMPE within their Practice Management Software: Medtech32, Sysmex Delphic, Medtech Evolution, Incisive, Profile, Houston VIP, Best Practice, My Practice and other EHR / PMS systems.
BUY NOW – Dragon Medical Practice Edition 3 Bundle
Buy DMPE 3 now in a bundled package at the special pre-release pricing:
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 3 software (save $400) $1,895
Philips Speech Mike Premium 3500 (save $100) $ 399
SBS Installation and Training services (save $125) $ 250
SBS Annual support $ 125
ORDER THIS DMPE3 BUNDLE FOR $2,669 (Save >$600)
Upgrade from Medical v11 Or DMPE 1/2 (save $200) $995 ends August 16th 2016
Volume License holders and customers who hold up to date Nuance Maintenance software assurance contracts will receive upgrades automatically. We will be in contact with you shortly to outline the process for upgrading to DMPE3.
HOW TO ORDER:
We encourage you to order through SBS, as we value your custom and we can ensure the software is supplied at with no additional international shipping costs.
These offers for DMPE3 will end 30th September 2015, so place your order via:
Phone: 0800 342828 (8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
Why DMPE 3?
- Dictate faster and more accurately than ever before
- Dictate anywhere in your EHR and accelerate adoption
- Dramatically reduce transcription costs
- Save clinicians 30-60 minutes or more a day
- Spend more time with patients
- Dictate in clinician’s own words
- Support higher level of reimbursement
- Improve doctor satisfaction
- Improved Accuracy Significant improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to previous and non-medical versions.
- New DragonBar The newly designed DragonBar collapses automatically to take up less space on your screen when you’re not using it.
- Medical vocabularies – Includes vocabularies for medical specialties and subspecialties.
- Transparent dictation window A transparent screen makes dictating into Hidden Mode easy while viewing lab results, images and flow sheets.
- Dragon medical template library Includes library of macros for standard notes and ‘medical normals’ by body system.
- Smart configuration Automatically detects hardware resources. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected, for better recognition performance.
- Recognition analytics Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
- Flexible input Use your iPhone® or Android® devices for speech input.
- Application support Dragon Medical Practice Edition 3 Supports Office 2013®, Internet Explorer®, and Gmail®, Hotmail®, and Outlook.com® by introducing Rich Internet Application support.
Highlights for existing and new users.
The new DragonBar changes are brilliant combining everything existing user’s need, but also saving on screen real estate. It can collapse when in use to the one thing you are interested in, the “microphone status”, and then expand out when you are after more functionality. Don’t worry – for those of you who have become accustomed to the large DragonBar across the top of the screen – these options are still available.
Sources and Microphones Adding new sources is now helped via a picture based wizard which makes it easier for non IT savvy users. This includes the new automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With DMPE3 you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting. Dragon can learn about the acoustics of each device. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work, and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go. DMPE3 also supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience.
The Remote Desktop Connection feature Many clinicians like to be able to dictate from remote clinics or from home via terminal services & VPN’s, the Remote Desktop Connection feature now lets you dictate from a computer on which DMPE3 is not installed (via audio redirection). This does require DMPE3 to be installed on the remote server – which now also supports Windows Server® 2012.
DMPE3 System Requirements
- RAM: 4+ GB for 32-bit Windows 7, 8 & 8.1; 4-8+ GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 4GB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 8 & 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox for Online Help
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
- Note: Supports Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013.
Feel free to contact us via email email@example.com or on 0800 34 2828 to arrange for more information or a personal presentation at your medical Centre, practice, Hospital or DHB.
Sound Business Systems